There are so many options today when it comes to camper consignment. Knowing when you are ready to purchase an RV can be a big step in making your autumn season an adventure. The best part about getting a camper or an RV is that you can go anywhere and do anything without leaving the comfort of your home.
RVs come in different classes and sizes for everyone. There are motorhomes, travel trailers, pop-up campers, and truck campers. The most common of these is the motor home! Here’s what you need to know from us at Timbuktu RV
Classes of RVs
Motorhomes are the most popular form of a camper. Typically associated with RVs, these campers come in three different classes. The largest in Class A to the smallest in Class C.
- Class A Motorhomes
- Largest motorhomes
- Bus conversions
- Being built on a bus frame, they offer more space and luxury
- Class B Motorhomes
- Built on van chassis
- This one is the smallest form, and it can accommodate all of the essential luxuries that the class A motor home has
- Class C Motorhomes
- Also called Mini-motorhomes
- It can be used as long as class A living wise as they have all of the same amenities as the class A
- Built on a Van chassis like Class B motorhomes
- The extended section over the cab and contains an extra bed for more sleeping arrangements.
There are more options!
Motorhomes though they are the most popular, may not fit your needs, however. That is where the travel trailers come in. Travel trailers are a wide variety that includes fifth wheels and pop-up campers. This pretty much covers anything that can be towed by a pickup truck or a car, depending on the size.
- Travel trailers
- Large trailers towed behind the tow vehicle
- Typically used with pickup trucks and have amenities of a Motorhome.
- Fifth wheels
- These have a “Gooseneck” front section that extends over the bed of the pickup truck
- It is hooked to the center of the truck bed and can only be used on flatbed trucks
- Truck campers
- Slides into the bed of the pickup truck
- Pop up trailers
- Folding camping trailers that are made to be lightweight
- The convenience of basic travel (it can be pulled by a car!)
RV Consignment with Timbuktu RV
With all this information on campers, you can begin your journey into camper consignment. Remember that each of these types of campers has different uses for many individuals. If you want an extended vacation, invest in a motorhome, weekend trips, a popup trailer will work just fine. In the end, it is all up to you and what you find at our RV consignment at Timbucktu RV.